I just noticed this morning, while looking for a salsa recipe, that the cooking website Epicurious lets you upload a photo that will appear on your recipe reviews and in their cooking discussion area. When I went to upload my favorite MorgueFile-licensed photo, I discovered that Epicurious actually asks whether I have the right to use and distribute the photo. Pretty amazing. I think I’ll show the site to my students to kick off a discussion of when we have the right to use images and other media we find on the web.
- @zhandlen Um…apparently I’ve been captured by Bing Crosby & Danny Kaye from White Christmas. Thank heaven, I’m watc… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- RT @brianschatz: Thank you women. Thank you people of color. Thank you labor. Thank you resistance. Thank you progressive organizations. Th… 7 hours ago
- RT @mackcaple: I just finished applying to PhD programs. I applied to five schools. It cost me $713. We need to have a serious conversati… 7 hours ago
- RT @porchdragon: As a cancer survivor(26 Year’s ago this Christmas, I was told I probably had 6 months to live) This comic is spot on. #Liv… 8 hours ago
- Listen, #SchoolLibraries vendors.. Do not clog up my inbox with a “Holiday Greeting” email unless it has a whoppin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago