I just noticed this morning, while looking for a salsa recipe, that the cooking website Epicurious lets you upload a photo that will appear on your recipe reviews and in their cooking discussion area. When I went to upload my favorite MorgueFile-licensed photo, I discovered that Epicurious actually asks whether I have the right to use and distribute the photo. Pretty amazing. I think I’ll show the site to my students to kick off a discussion of when we have the right to use images and other media we find on the web.
- GOP: Look! Here are 10 plans you can afford! Citizen: None cover pregnancy. And I’m pregnant. GOP: But you can afford these plans! 4 hours ago
- GOP: Look! Premiums are so low! Citizen: The plan I can afford only covers “injuries from asteroid strikes.” GOP: But you can afford it! 4 hours ago
- GOP: Look! Premiums are so low! Citizen: well, yes, but I can’t get it ‘cause I have a preexisting condition. GOP: but the premiums! So low! 4 hours ago
- @porchdragon Omg awesome! Because MY vow this summer is to make you two cups of coffee daily. It’s as if the universe brought us together. 4 hours ago
- RT @sesamestreet: Sesame Street is proud to support families of all shapes, sizes, and colors. ❤️ https://t.co/H3uzD5XwUu 1 day ago